Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tour the Compound

Since it's been all words and not a lot of fun, I thought I would break it up a little bit by giving you all a tour of the compound that we are staying at. Hope you enjoy and get a little feel for the life in Africa!
This is the patio and tables that sit outside the main house. Through those doors is the main living area. Inside the main house there are also three bedrooms, one bathroom, and a kitchen.
This is the living area of the main house. This area stays open all day and when the breeze comes through its absolutely beautiful.
This is the back of the main house between the pool and the main house. These are the clothes line that we dry our "hand washed" laundry.
This is our private pool with a little table and chairs that sits behind the main house and just outside the cabin I stay in. The water is very warm since it is always about 82 degrees here.


This is the outside and the inside of my cabin. There are two more bunks to the right of the picture that you cant see. So there are four of us that stay in there total. My bed is the top one in the picture. You can see the mosquito nets that we sleep with so we don't get eaten alive! Or room is air conditioned so it stays pretty nice and cool.
These are the two dogs that stay at the compound. They remind me of Dingos. They are very friendly and super cute! If you know my family, this makes me feel a lot more "at home".

These are beautiful flowers that are seen all over this area. I actually have a small one of these at home, but I had no idea they could get this big! They actually crawl up the walls that surround compounds and grow up in trees.

Well that's all I have for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment